Mental Health England’s Adult Mental Health Awareness half day course is an introductory four-hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well-being
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process leading to certification on successfully completing the course.
Half Day (4 hrs)
Maximum of 16 delegates