Manual Handling Training
|No. of Participants||Maximum 12 delegates|
Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) are the most common cause of occupational ill health in Great Britain, currently affecting 1.0 million people a year and costing society £5.7 billion. MSDs affect the muscles, joints, tendons and other parts of the musculoskeletal system. This course is designed to introduce manual handling safe practices in the workplace at all levels and experiences.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to manual handling
- Statistical evidence
- Understanding anatomy related to manual handling
- The leverage effect
- Causes of back pain
- Introduction to base movement
- Top heavy movement
- Duel lifting techniques
- Team lifting techniques
- Personal protective equipment
- The use of mechanised lifting aids
- Workplace specific practical application.
- Client specific policies and procedures
We have a dedicated training centre in West Sussex, but courses can be run anywhere in the UK at clients request.
Open Courses Running at our West Sussex training venue
19th June 2012
More dates in 2012 call 01903 871381 to check availability
£55.00 + VAT PP
Manual Handling NPORS Courses Available Now! only £30 more per person to cover NPORS card and certificate
For more information on our standard courses, please click the course titles below.
Many more advanced skills training courses can be run at the clients request. Please call for further information.
For details of our standard courses please choose from the list below. Many more advanced skills training courses can be run at the clients request.
- Please select...
- Emergency First Aid at Work course | HSE approved
- Emergency First Aid for Appointed Persons
- HSE approved First Aid at Work initial course
- HSE approved First Aid at Work refresher course
- Automated External Defibrillator Course
- Medical Gases
- Wellbeing and Biometric testing
- Fire Safety Manager
- Fire marshal and emergency evacuation coordinator course
- Fire Awareness Training
- Hot Works
- Fire Risk Assessment Services
- Confined Space Awareness Module 1
- Confined Space Basic Entry Modules 1 and 2
- City and Guilds Confined Space Suite 6150
- Manual Handling Training
- Manual Handling - Train the Trainer (City & Guilds Certificate)
- Health and Safety generic risk assessment awareness
- Working at Height Awareness
- Abrasive Wheel
- Compressed Air Breathing Apparatus Wearer - Initial
- NPORS Accredited Courses
- Harness Inspection
See all Blog articles
Keep up to date with the latest legislation, news and Alpha Training offers - sign up to receive our e-newsletters here!