Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone working in irrespirable environments where the use of working compressed air breathing apparatus is required for either short durations for specific tasks or prolonged working. This may include working with chemicals or gases, viral risks or dusts and particles as an example.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely using full respiratory protective equipment such as self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and comply with current key legislation.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with breathing apparatus wearing including specific working policies and procedures relevant to generic wok activities and client specific activities. This includes:
- Breathing Apparatus history and legislation
- Physiology of Respiration
- Breathing Apparatus set description
- Breathing Apparatus cylinders and durations
- Breathing Apparatus General checks and Start up procedures
- The importance of Record keeping
- Wearer Distress
- Practical exercises
- Breathing Apparatus entry control
- Client specific Breathing Apparatus policies and procedures
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process with final written question paper leading to certification on successfully completing the course.
1 day (6 hours)
Course Code: ALP