Working in High Risk Confined Spaces – Level 2 City and Guilds 6150-03/53
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone working in high risk confined spaces such as sewers, vessels, tanks and chambers, who need to use full respiratory protection such as self-contained breathing apparatus or breathing apparatus airlines due to an irrespirable environment. The course is competence based and requires delegates to show a sound understanding of safe working practices and emergency arrangements including the use of a variety of entry and safety equipment and use of respiratory protective equipment.
(This course can also combine if required with the Level 2 Top Man Non Entrant – City and Guilds 6150-14/54.)
This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely in confined spaces in line with the Confined Space Regulations 1997 along with other key legislation.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with confined space working in high risk areas. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, use, visually inspect and maintain confined space equipment including full working compressed air breathing apparatus, enter and work safely in high risk confined spaces and act on an emergency ensuring that arrangements are in place. This will include:
- Prepare to enter and work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use full working breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate industry knowledge for working in high risk confined Spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
- Introduction to course
- Health and safety overview
- Confined space regulations
- Hazardous Environments
- Gas and environment monitoring
- Risk assessments and Method Statements
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety equipment
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (Escape breathing apparatus and full working breathing apparatus/airline)
- Safe entry procedures
- Safe working procedures
- Safe exit procedures
- Emergency arrangements
- Practical exercise
- Company/industry specific confined space policy and procedures.
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process with final written question paper and practical assessment leading to City and Guilds accredited certification on successfully passing.
3 days (20 hours)
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.