Who is this course for?
Having a good understanding of emergency paediatric first aid is incredibly important for the safety of children and it could mean the difference between life and death.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification has been designed in-line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians, grandparents or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills
- Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the skills needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, such as performing CPR and controlling external bleeding.
The aim of the qualification is to enable delegates to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with emergency first aid situations which can arise when looking after children. This will include the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations.
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within 3 months of starting work.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to effectively manage a paediatric first aid incident and treat a variety of injuries and illness including dealing with emergencies such as choking, unconsciousness and resuscitation of children, infants and babies until the arrival of professional medical help.
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Minor Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and presentation/demonstrations, practical application and multi choice question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process leading to a Level 3 certification of achievement – Qualsafe Awards.
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric Emergency First Aid (RQF) is valid for a period of 3 years, within which time the learner will need to re-take the course and the assessment in order to remain qualified. It is regarded as best practice for those holding first aid qualifications to undertake annual refresher training, this does not however form part of a RQF unit or qualification.
1 Day (6 hours)
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.