Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is required to wear a safety harness at work as a part of their workplace activity. This will include suitable inspection before wearing.
To understand the requirement for, and carry out a thorough periodical inspection of Safety Harnesses and safely inspect and wear a Safety Harness as to the manufacturer’s instructions and company policy and procedure
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to identify the intended use of common items of fall protection equipment, requirements for pre use inspection and correct fitting and adjustment of a full body harness including a good understanding of all current associated legislation requirements.
- Health & Safety at Work Legislation and Regulations.
- Identifying types of fall arrest / restraint equipment.
- Selecting fall arrest / restraint equipment.
- CE Markings
- Correct fitting of harnesses.
- Shock absorbing lanyards and fall arrest blocks.
- Anchor points and connectors.
- Care and maintenance of equipment.
- Inspection of harnesses and recording requirements.
- Manufacturers instruction manual (MIM) and associated paperwork.
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process and final question paper leading to certification on successfully completing the course.
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.