Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who works at height. This includes working immediately above ground level and also includes working processes that can lead to workers falling into something, even from ground level such as a tank or vessel, or over an edge.
The aim of this course is to make delegates aware of the need to:
- Properly plan and organise work at height
- Ensure those working at height are competent
- Understand the need carry out risk assessments and select the appropriate work equipment
- Control the risks from fragile surfaces
- Properly inspect and maintain equipment for working at height
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to follow the hierarchy for managing risks from working at height, taking steps to avoid, prevent or reduce risks and have an understanding of the correct equipment for working at height.
- What is ‘Working at Height’?
- Types and causes of accidents when working at height
- Employer/employees’ responsibilities
- How to work at height safely/specialist training requirements
- Risk assessments, method statements and permits to work
- Types of access equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Harness, lanyards and anchor points
- Practical harness fitting and inspection
- Post-theory question paper
- Question and answer session
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process and final question paper leading to certification on successfully completing the course.
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...