Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those requiring sufficient knowledge, understanding and practical ability to carry out in-house qualitative face fit testing, on behalf of their company or as a private entity.
Learning Outcomes and Course Content
At the end of this session, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the requirements for, and how to conduct a qualitative face fit test in accordance with any current regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP)
- Identify problems that may affect the test process
- Have an insight into a variety of respiratory protective equipment and filter types, and how to inspect and maintain to the manufacturers instructions
- Identify hazards and select appropriate mask and filters
- Demonstrate how to record the findings of a face fit test in accordance with current regulations and ACOP and issue a test certificate
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper with final practical assessments.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process with final written question paper and practical assessment. A certificate is issued on successfully passing.