Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone working in confined spaces such as sewers, vessels, tanks and chambers, who need a foundation course in understanding safe confined space working. This course includes the use of a variety of safety equipment, personal protective equipment and respiratory protective equipment. The course can be tailored to meet your specific needs to ensure that you receive a bespoke training package. The course is not competence based, but does require delegates to show an understanding of safe working practices and emergency arrangements including the use of a variety of entry and safety equipment and use of respiratory protective equipment.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely in confined spaces in line with the Confined Space Regulations 1997 along with other key legislation.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with confined space working. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, use, visually inspect and maintain confined space equipment including escape breathing apparatus, enter and work safely in confined spaces and act on an emergency ensuring that arrangements are in place. This will include:
- Prepare to enter and work safely in confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use respiratory protective equipment (escape breathing apparatus) in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in confined spaces
- Use appropriate industry knowledge for working in confined spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for working in confined spaces
- Introduction to course
- Health and safety overview
- Confined space regulations
- Hazardous Environments
- Gas and environment monitoring
- Risk assessments and Method Statements
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety equipment
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (Escape breathing apparatus)
- Safe entry procedures
- Safe working procedures
- Safe exit procedures
- Emergency arrangements
- Practical exercise
- Company/industry specific confined space policy and procedures.
A combination of:
- Classroom based activity
- Syndicate working
- Demonstrations with practical application
- Confined Space Workbook
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed on attendance.
1 day (6 hours)
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.