Who is this course for?
This unit is for the entry controller/top person who controls entry and arrangements for confined spaces without entering them. It includes the duties of an entry controller, pre-entry procedures, entry into and exit from the confined space, maintaining communications and initiating and controlling emergency procedures.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this unit is to reflect the national occupational standard for controlling entry and arrangements at a confined space. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas.
Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries, and tunnelling.
Learning Outcomes/Course Content
- Implement procedures for teams working in confined spaces
- Control safe entry and exit to the confined space
- Monitor the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Control emergency situations
- Understand health and safety and environmental legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces
- Understand entry controller duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and testing required
Delivery Method/Assessment with Certification
Theory & Practical Assessment
3 days (24 hours)
Course Details Download here
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.