Who is this course for?
This unit is for supervisors of confined spaces it includes planning and allocating activities for a team, pre-entry procedures, entry into and exit from the confined space, selection of personnel, maintaining communications, and initiating and controlling emergency procedures.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this unit is to reflect the national occupational standard for supervising entry and arrangements at a confined space. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas.
Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries, and tunnelling.
Learning Outcomes/Course Content
- Implement procedures for team working in confined spaces
- Supervise the control of safe entry and exit to the confined space
- Supervise the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Control emergency situations
- Understand health and safety and environmental legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces
- Understand supervisory duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and testing required
Delivery Method/Assessment with Certification
Theory & Practical Assessment
2 days (14 hours)
Course Details Download here
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.