Who is this course for?
This unit is for anyone who works as part of a rescue and recovery team in confined spaces. It includes preparing to carry out emergency activities, entering and exiting confined spaces safely, using emergency equipment, casualty recovery and handling devices in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, rescuing and recovering casualties, following procedures, and working safely.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this unit is to reflect the national occupational standard for working as a rescue and recovery team member in confined spaces. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas.
Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries, and tunnelling.
Learning Outcomes/Course Content
- Oversee safety checks of the entry and rescue teams prior to commencing work activities
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely as part of a rescue and recovery team
- Use equipment and tools safely
- Follow procedures and work safely as a member of the rescue and recovery team
- Understand the principles of working as part of a rescue and recovery team
- Understand standard protocols for working in rescue and recovery teams
Delivery Method/Assessment with Certification
Theory & Practical Assessment
3 days (24 hours)
Course Details Download here
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.