NEW – Working in High Risk and Emergency Rescue & Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces Level 2 City & Guilds 6150-03/53 and Level 3 City & Guilds 6150-05/55
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone working as part of a dedicated confined space safety and rescue team. The course is designed to cover all aspects of basic rescue techniques, procedures and arrangements associated with rescue from confined spaces in a variety of environments.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely in confined spaces in line with the Confined Space Regulations 1997 along with other key legislation.
Delegate must have a current first aid qualification minimum First Aid at Work.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with the Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces including the use of specific safety and rescue equipment required to successfully complete the task. This will include:
- Prepare to work safely in confined spaces under emergency conditions
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use self-contained open circuit breathing apparatus equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour when dealing with the Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
- Use appropriate industry knowledge when dealing with Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for carrying out Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
- Confined Space Operative, Top / Bottom Person role and responsibilities
- Rescue plans and Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS) incl. Emergency Service liaison
- Respiratory protection overview and refresher
- Entry Control procedures
- Rescue equipment information, testing and maintenance procedures
- Confined space rescue techniques to resolve challenging incidents/emergencies/accidents
- Basic Life Support skills
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper with final practical assessments. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates. This is a very practical course designed to be testing physically and mentally.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process with final written question paper and practical assessment leading to City & Guilds accredited certification on successfully passing.
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.