Who is this course for?
Our EUSR Abrasive Wheels course combines classroom based theory with practical application and assessment. Some of the areas that are covered include the operation of petrol cut off saws and other hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for training in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 1998) for safety in the use of abrasive wheels.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with abrasive wheels. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, mount and use abrasive wheels in addition to using hand held abrasive wheel tools and cut off saws including diamond disc changing and use.
The core areas which are covered by the course objectives include:
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels
- Storage, handling, transporting, inspecting and testing of abrasive wheels
- The function of all Main Components (Flanges, Washers, Brushes and Nuts)
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Pre-start Checks: (Electrical Powered)
- Pre-start Checks: (Petrol Driven)
- Inspection Wheels/Discs before use: Cracks, Damage, Blotters, Speed, Size and Correct Type for the job
- Correctly change a suitable abrasive wheel
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and presentation/demonstrations. This can be supported by outside practical tool operator instruction and use if required.
Assessment and Certification
Continual assessment process with final written question paper and practical assessment leading to EUSR certification of achievement.
6 hours with outside practical tool operator instruction.
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...