Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone working with abrasive wheels and cut off saws that require regular changing of abrasive wheel discs. The course helps employers to comply with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and PUWER 1998 (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations). These Regulations require the employer to provide their employees with adequate information, instruction and training. This specific training ensures that those involved with the use of abrasive wheels on portable machines are trained in the best practices and are aware of the associated safety issues.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for training in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 1998) for safety in the use of abrasive wheels.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with abrasive wheels. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, mount and use abrasive wheels in addition to using hand held abrasive wheel tools and cut off saws including diamond disc changing and use.
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels.
- Storage, Handling, Transporting, Inspecting and Testing of abrasive wheels.
- The function of all Main Components (Flanges, Washers, Brushes and Nuts).
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Pre-start Checks: (Electrical Powered)
- Pre-start Checks: (Petrol Driven)
- Inspection Wheels/Discs before use: Cracks, Damage, Blotters, Speed, Size and Correct Type for the job.
- Correctly change a suitable abrasive wheel
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations. This can be supported by outside practical tool operator instruction and use if required.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process leading to certification of achievement
6 hours with outside practical tool operator instruction.
Course Code: ALP
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...