Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at people who want to gain practical rope rescue technician experience and competence to work in industries such as the Fire and Rescue Service, Ambulance Service (HART), Industrial rope rescue teams or to supplement existing skills such as IRATA.
This course is designed to meet the requirements necessary to carry out rope rescue activities in a variety of industries providing delegates with the key skills required to set up and manage efficient and safe rope rescue systems in a variety of environments including industrial, urban and natural settings.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will have gained a foundation knowledge into theoretical and practical rope rescue application including safe systems of working and setting up various complex rope systems using a variety of safety and rescue related equipment.
- Current legislative overview including client specific working procedures
- Application of suitable and sufficient knowledge of rescue equipment including selection, use, maintenance and cleaning of such equipment.
- Rope rescue risk assessment process and control measures
- Practice safe application of a range of technical rescue equipment
- Rope rescue working systems including casualty access, retrieval and rescue
- Fully redundant rope working systems
- Basic casualty management during rope rescue
A combination of classroom based activity, syndicate working and Presentation/demonstrations, mainly practical application. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process with practical assessments and written question paper leading to certification of competence on successfully completing the course.
5 days (40 hours)
Course Code: ALP
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...