Fire Marshal and Emergency Evacuation Coordinator – Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) Accredited
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who has the role of Fire Marshal and is responsible in whole or part for the safe evacuation of workplace colleagues and others including day to day workplace Fire prevention . This includes the role of Emergency Evacuation Coordinator for emergencies such as bomb threat, terrorism, natural disasters and other emergencies.
This course is designed to meet the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and incorporated company specific fire safety policies and procedures and prepare for the role of the Emergency Evacuation Coordinator.
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with basic fire safety awareness in the workplace including the duties and role of the Fire Marshal and understand the role of the Emergency Evacuation Coordinator in emergency situations other that fire. This includes:
- Course administration and safety/domestic arrangements
- What is fire?
- Introduction to the RRFSO, and UK statistics
- Company specific policies and procedures
- Basic Home Fire Safety
- The causes of fire in the Workplace
- Triangle of fire and methods of heat/fire transfer
- Basic fire terminology and smoke behaviour
- Bradford football stadium fire
- Workplace Fire Safety
- Action in the event of fire, escape plan and on hearing the fire alarm
- What can go wrong?
- Fire classification and extinguishers
- Practical fire extinguisher session
- Specific Fire Marsha duties
- Fire safety hazard identification
- Periodical fire safety checks and inspections in the workplace
- Fire safety remedial action
- Recording and reviewing
- Emergency Evacuation Coordinator role explained
- Course review, administration and close
A combination of classroom based activity, presentation and demonstrations. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
This is an attendance course with no assessment and leads to an IFE accredited certificate of attendance upon completion.
1 day (6 hours)
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...