Basic Fire Safety Awareness – Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) Accredited
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who requires a basic understanding or workplace fire safety including the safe identification and use of portable fire extinguishers, safe evacuation and fire prevention information. The course also covers good home fire safety advice including bedtime routines and fire evacuation planning.
This course is designed to meet the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and incorporated company specific fire safety policies and procedures
To enable delegates to understand and effectively comply with the relevant legislation and regulations associated with basis fire safety awareness in the workplace. This includes:
- Course administration and safety/domestic arrangements
- What is fire?
- Introduction to the RRFSO, and UK statistics
- Company specific policies and procedures
- Basic Home Fire Safety
- The causes of fire in the Workplace
- Triangle of fire and methods of heat/fire transfer
- Basic fire terminology and smoke behaviour
- Bradford football stadium fire
- Workplace Fire Safety
- Action in the event of fire, escape plan and on hearing the fire alarm
- What can go wrong?
- Fire classification and extinguishers
- Practical fire extinguisher session
- Course review, administration and close
A combination of classroom based activity, presentation and demonstrations. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
Assessment and Certification
This is an attendance course with no assessment and leads to an IFE accredited certificate of attendance upon completion.
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.