Mental Health England’s Adult Mental Health Awareness half day course is an introductory four-hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well-being
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Assessment and Certification
Continued assessment process leading to certification on successfully completing the course.
Half Day (4 hrs)
Maximum of 16 delegates
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...