IOSH – Managing Safely
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for Managers, Supervisors and anyone else within a role of responsibility for managing risk within their sector or organisation.
The IOSH Managing Safely certificate is targeted at managers in any organisation or sector who are required to manage risk and resources. It aims to ensure that safety issues are appreciated by those who are employed as line managers and to enable these people to review their departmental systems for safety. The course also helps managers to introduce new controls and implement changes in order to reduce risks in the workplace.
- Introducing Managing Safely
Why is it important to manage safely?
What is your role in influencing managing safely?
- Assessing risks
What is risk?
What is a risk assessment?
How are risk assessments carried out?
- Controlling risks
How do you reduce risk?
How do you decide which risk control to use?
- Understanding responsibilities
What does the law require you to do?
How does the law work?
What are the key parts of a health and safety management system?
- Understanding hazards
What are common hazards?
What can you do about common hazards?
- Investigating incidents
Why investigate incidents?
How do incidents happen?
How do you carry out an incident investigation?
- Measuring performance
What is performance measurement about?
How do you measure health and safety performance?
What is auditing?
- Protecting our environment
What is the impact of industry on the environment?
How can you control pollution and waste?
What are the benefits of improved environmental performance?
What are the main elements of an environmental management system?
This course delivered virtually , through a combination of discussion, presentation/demonstrations, practical application and question and answer paper. A wide range of video and photographic material is used to enhance the learning experience for delegates.
How the course delivery style suits you
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies help drive the points home over the whole course.
- Each module is backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and summaries reinforce the key learning points.
- The course includes checklists and other materials for delegates to try out and then use when they get back to their own workplaces.
- The programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business.
- Health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme.
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents.
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures.
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace.
- Nationally-recognised and respected certification for managers and supervisors.
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain.
Assessment and Certification
- A 25 question, multiple-format assessment paper.
- A risk assessment based project.
- When you pass, you’ll be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
3 days (24 hours plus assessment time)
We can arrange this course anywhere in the UK for four or more delegates. To discuss the booking of a bespoke training course...
This course is also available as an Open Course
To book an individual onto this course at our Training Academy in Poling, West Sussex - choose from one of the currently scheduled dates below.